MEAN.JS will help you getting started and avoid useless grunt work and common pitfalls, while keeping your application organized. MEAN goal is to create and maintain a simple and readable open-source solution that you can use and trust in your projects.
- MongoDB, a NoSQL database
- Express.js, a web application framework that runs on Node.js
- Node.js, an execution environment for event-driven server-side and networking applications
A nice text editor
A good text editor is essential for completing these labs. I recommend Sublime Text because it is cross-platform, free, and has a very simple to use interface:
If you want a more powerful Integrated Development Environment try WebStorm:
- MEAN.io: One of the first MEAN stack frameworks created by Amos Haviv with Linnovate.
- MEAN.JS: Amos Haviv subsequently left Linnovate and forked MEAN.js as a community-governed project.